A Day in Amish Country
- Adult (13+)
- Child (6-12)
- Learn about the foundations of the Anabaptist religion and how and why these communities were started.
- Hear about where the Amish people are today in the United States and the development of their people in the Lancaster area.
- View the wonderful landscape and beautiful farms and visit an 1800s farmhouse for a background in the way the Amish live.
- Understand the religion and the culture and philosophies of the Amish people, how they live, and the continued development of the Amish faith and beliefs.
- Understand the myths and truths of this caring and self-contained people.
Inclusions: Local English-speaking guide, transportation to / from Philly & Amish country, admission to an Amish museum
Exclusions: Food and drink, souvenirs, tips and gratuities for the guide.
Pennsylvania is home to a fascinating culture found in the rural farmlands outside of Philadelphia. Join our tour to understand the complex history and lifestyle of the Amish community and dispel the myths of a much misunderstood people.
Your tour starts with a ride in our comfortable van out to the idyllic countryside of Lancaster County, where you’ll hear about the beginnings of Amish culture in the United States and see farmers hard at work in their fields.
Your local guide will fully immerse you in the way of life here with a visit to an 1800s farmhouse, and your included admission to the Amish Village Museum will give you a deeper appreciation for the traditions and philosophies of the Amish communities.
We’ll have time for stops in small towns highlighting Amish-made goods, including quilt shops, bakeries, and road-side stands. Best yet, you’ll have the chance to support the community with your food purchases, with unique options recommended by your guide!