Explore the colorful creative side of Denver on this tour through the mural-covered streets of the River North (RiNo) Arts District.
Denver History and Highlights
- Adult Ages 12+
- Child Ages 6–11
- Young Child Ages 5 and younger
- Learn about the hotspots of Denver and the stories behind why they call it the Queen City of the Plains.
- Walk through the picturesque Brown Palace Hotel and admire its on-of-a-kind architecture that has stood for centuries.
- Take a walk through LoDo (Lower Downtown) and take in the vibrant culture from delicious food to local street art.
- Wander down to Union Station and experience the hustle and bustle of the heart of Denver.
- Experience Denver’s sights from a local’s perspective for a deeper insight into the story of this exciting city.
Included: English-speaking guide
Not Included: Items of a personal nature, gratuity for the guide
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes that you can walk in. The summer months can be especially hot, so please bring sunscreen and a hat.
- In winter be sure to dress warm, as we’ll be outside for a majority of the tour. Walking may be difficult in snowy or rainy weather.
- In the event of road or attraction closures, your guide will do their best to work around the obstacles or take your tour to alternate locations.
You’ll meet your guide at the Colorado Veterans Monument, from there your experience will begin a mile high at the Colorado State Capitol, the perfect place to start off a tour highlighting the best of Denver. You might have a chance to step inside with your guide to take in the awe-inspiring architectural features of this historic building and learn more about the founding of the Queen City of the Plains.
From here, you’ll venture downtown to the historic Brown Palace Hotel. Built in the 1890s, this impressive building harkens back to turn-of-the-century western elite and pioneers looking for new opportunities amidst the Rockies. You’ll get a chance to marvel at the grand atrium, where taking high tea is still in fashion, as you pass through. Outside, your guide will give you the lowdown of Denver’s more salacious connections to illicit gambling, speakeasies, and the seedy underbelly that once defined the city’s image.
Next, you’ll see the more modern side of Denver, entering LoDo (Lower Downtown). Get your architecture fix as you pass through the popular 16th Street Mall, a picturesque tree-lined avenue that’s home to street food, art, and local musicians. Your guide will help you avoid the tourist traps and find the local hidden gems of Denver’s downtown food, shopping, and nightlife scene.
Continue on towards one of the most historic and photogenic Denver landmarks: Larimer Square. Hear about the founding of the city, and you’ll quickly discover why Denver has attracted people from across the country for more than a century.
Cap off your downtown Denver experience at the hub of historic LoDo, Union Station, restored to its former glory and still the main train station in town. Enjoy people-watching at its finest, as this is one of the most popular gathering places in Denver. Once your tour has ended, you’ll be in the perfect spot to continue exploring the exciting downtown district.