Escape crowded Manhattan for the coolest borough in the city – Brooklyn! Eat like a local as you explore the delicious eateries sprinkled around Brooklyn’s DUMBO and Brooklyn Heights neighborhoods with a local guide.
Freedom and Food Tour with Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- Adult Ages 12+
- Child Ages 6–11
- Young Child Ages 5 and younger
- Immerse yourself in New York’s fascinating immigration history: from arrivals by wooden ship to present-day immigrant stories.
- Grab a taste of some of the cultural bites that the locals and tourists can’t get enough of!
- Enjoy the chance to learn more about the stories and experiences of immigrants (maybe even some of your own!) at Ellis Island!
- Savor skyline views of Manhattan on 3 different ferry rides to and from Battery Park, Ellis Island, and, of course, the Statue of Liberty.
- Discover the surprising depth of immigrant-inspired food throughout the Financial District and along Wall Street – you’ll be surprised what’s here!
Included: Local English speaking guide and a variety of food samples from immigrant-owned businesses or of immigrant-inspired foods, ferry tickets to and from Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty. Food options and portion sizes vary – total amount of food equals a full meal.
Not Included: Additional food and drink, souvenirs, tips and gratuities for the guide.
Come along with us as we explore New York City’s rich immigrant history from past to present! Part of the reason that NYC is known for being one of the most diverse and colorful cities on the planet is the robust immigration communities throughout the city, some having established themselves many decades ago and some more recent.
You’ll enjoy 3 different ferry rides through New York Harbor as you visit 2 of the most well-known immigration icons in the world: the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island (where you may be able to look up your own immigrant ancestors in their registry records!). After exploring the immigrant experience of the past, your guide will lead you on a modern foodie adventure through the Financial District. You’ll hear stories of modern immigrants and taste a variety of dishes. At the end of your tour, you’ll be full of inspiration and delicious treats!