View the most iconic historical sights of Independence National Park, admire beautiful architecture, and absorb the rich historical significance of landmarks.
Italian Market Food Tour (Private)
- 1 person
- 2 people
- 3 people
- 4 people
- 5 people
- 6 people
- 7 people
- 8 people
- 9 people
- 10 people
- 11 people
- 12 people
- Take in the sights, smells, and tastes of Philadelphia’s bustling 9th Street Italian Market.
- Enjoy the opportunity to chat with store owners and learn about how their business has grown over the years.
- Savor the sweet delights of a hand-made cannoli and the robust flavors of a fresh taco.
- Try a sample of a Philly classic: tomato pie. It’s not your average slice!
- Learn about the rich history of this iconic street and sample some immigrant-inspired goodies as you stroll through this thriving market.
Included: Local English speaking guide and a variety of food samples (such as Philly’s famous tomato pie, hand-made cannoli, fresh tacos, an Italian Market specialty, and a taste of immigrant-inspired food). Food options and portion sizes vary – total amount of food equals a full meal.
Not Included: Personal shopping, additional food and drink, gratuity.
Along a stretch of 9th Street in the heart of eclectic South Philadelphia lies the Italian Market, one of America’s oldest and largest outdoor markets. This iconic collection of butchers, bakers, specialty shops, and restaurants has been the backbone of this historic neighborhood since its creation in the late 1800s. It has survived throughout the passing decades by welcoming vendors from around the world and, today, remains a popular destination for tourists and locals alike.
Join us for a stroll through the Italian Market, among the vibrant fruit stalls, past the fragrant bakeries, into various shops and unique stores, and peeking down hidden alleys covered in fantastical street art. Along the way, you’ll have the chance to sample several delicious dishes, including cannoli, tomato pie, and tacos! Your guide will also introduce you to other Italian Market staples and immigrant-inspired fare, savoring the flavors of the market as you make your way down this iconic street. Wherever your guide leads you, your senses will be popping as you explore one of the most unique, thriving, and diverse areas of the City of Brotherly Love.