Preserving Pike Place: Market Community Tour
- Adult (13+)
- Child (6-12)
- Learn all about the fascinating history behind Pike Place Market, its community, and food and crafts vendors
- Hear about the services provided by Pike Place Market Foundation and support their mission with a donation already included in your ticket price!
- Explore the maze of the market, passing by the oldest existing Starbucks, watching the spectacular flying fish, and adding your own contribution to the notorious Gum Wall
- Discover the evolution of the market through its historic hodgepodge of building and the incredible stories of hard-fought preservation efforts
- Get great recommendations from your local guide on where to eat, drink, and explore following your tour!
Inclusions:Local guide, Pike Place Market Foundation contribution
Exclusions:Food and drink, souvenirs, tips and gratuities for the guide.
Get a truly unique perspective of Seattle’s iconic Pike Place Market on this walking tour that gives back to the marketplace community! Your local guide will lead you through the maze of the market, exploring its evolution through the historic buildings and stories of vendors past and present.
Along the way, we may catch a show of the famous flying fish, pass by the oldest existing Starbucks, and make our way to one of the city’s most unusual attractions, the Gum Wall.
While you’ll get to experience the most visited sites of the market, you’ll also receive a deep appreciation of the Pike Place Market Foundation and the array of services they provide to create a strong community that keeps the market going and benefits those in need.
Best yet, your ticket price already includes a donation to the Foundation, so you’ll be giving back to the community yourself!
Your guide will point out great places to eat, drink, and explore based on your interests for the rest of your stay in Seattle!
WeVenture is permitted and licensed by the Pike Place Market Preservation and Development Authority (PDA) to operate tours in the Pike Place Market Historical District. The PDA requires any business or person conducting paid tours within its properties and in the public areas of the historical district to be pre-approved and to have a license for this activity.
This tour is run in partnership with Global Family Travels, whose mission is to learn, serve, and immerse by offering community-based travel experiences to foster cross-cultural understanding, destination stewardship, and better global citizens. In partnership with local and global non-profit organizations, they create impactful trips and day tours which feature a unique mix of cultural and educational activities as well as community engagement to help make a positive impact on the lives of people and natural habitats where they visit.