Valley Forge: American Revolution Tour
- Adult (13+)
- Child (6-12)
- Explore the beautiful park that once hosted the iconic encampment of George Washington’s Continental Army and hear how this moment in history was a turning point of the Revolutionary War.
- Learn about the time that preceded the encampment at Valley Forge, from the British taking New York to their campaign to seize Philadelphia.
- Understand the brutal conditions and extreme hardships overcome by the brave citizens at Valley Forge.
- Hear stories of the historical figures involved in the encampment, including General Washington, Baron Friedrich von Steuben, “Mad” General Anthony Wayne and General Henry Knox.
- Discover the majesty of the current-day park and how it has changed from a place of struggle and hardship to an every day park for walkers, runners, bikers and nature lovers.
Inclusions: English-speaking guide, Transportation to/from Philly & Valley Forge
Exclusions: Additional food and drink, souvenirs, tips and gratuities for the guide.
Leave the driving to us and let our local guide drive you in our comfortable tour van for a half-day excursion into The Countryside of Philadelphia to historic Valley Forge National Historical Park!
Once aboard our vehicle, you’ll be on your way to one of the most significant sites of the American Revolutionary War. Your guide will tell stories of the Continental Army preparing for war, stopping at the Muhlenberg Brigade Huts to give us an idea of conditions in the encampment.
Your visit to the park might include a stop at the Valley Forge Visitor Center, displaying historic objects and artifacts, as well as Washington’s Headquarters along the Schuylkill River. You’ll have time to enjoy sites of interest on foot, including the National Memorial Arch, a striking memorial to those who served, and also the gothic-style Washington Memorial Chapel.
Come and discover the incredible history captured in monuments scattered around Valley Forge’s picturesque surroundings.