See the iconic U.S. Capitol Building, the Supreme Court, and the Library of Congress. Engage is a lively discussion and debate about American politics.
Dupont Circle Drinks & Architecture Private Tour
- Adult Ages 21+
Stroll the Historic Streets of Dupont Circle
- Discover how this neighborhood became known for its famed Embassy Row
- Visit some of Dupont Circle’s most famous beer bars, from the past and present
- Sample a variety of beers from local craft breweries and classic international brands
- Learn about the history of beer in the United States and Washington DC
- Gaze at the historic Heurich House, former home of the greatest brewer in DC’s history
Since the founding of the city, beer has been an integral part of Washington, DC. Join one of our local guides to learn the part beer has played in history while sipping on pints in one of DC’s most international neighborhoods.
- Don’t be a square – meet us at the Dupont Circle Fountain as we begin our journey into history…and beer! We’ll tell you how Dupont Circle – the traffic loop and neighborhood – emerged from farmland in the late 1800’s. This long-time locale for millionaires and socialites has transformed into the diplomatic epicenter of the District, so we’ll stroll along Embassy Row and see examples of the stately homes those titans of industry left behind.
- While discussing how Barack Obama participated in the American craft beer renaissance and carried on a legacy of presidents who loved pints we’ll be making our way to one of the most historic beer bars in the city to enjoy our first sample!
- Bringing our story back to the modern day you’ll enjoy sampling beers at some of our other well-known local beer destinations. Dupont Circle is home to multiple bars that are paving the way for modern craft beer, both from the United States and the District itself. We’ll chat about how beer styles have evolved over time and how American palates have changed. No matter the stop, pizza or other finger food will also be served to satisfy our hungry drinkers.
- After we’ve whet our whistles on the brews of today, we’ll pay homage to trailblazer of DC beer: Christian Heurich. His home, Heurich House aka The Brewmaster’s Castle, will provide the perfect backdrop as we discuss the influence of German brewers during the 19th century and how they revolutionized the American approach to beer.
- The good times couldn’t last forever – Prohibition saw to that – so we’ll examine the decline in American beer as told through the closure of Heurich’s brewery. It would be years before beer would rebound – especially here in DC – but we’ll end this story on a positive note by discussing the DC breweries who’ve revitalized the local beer community.
- We’ll toast to a fantastic discussion of history and beer as we wind things down at our final stop. We’ll escort guests back to the nearest Metro station and bid farewell…or stick around for another beer if the party continues.