See the iconic U.S. Capitol Building, the Supreme Court, and the Library of Congress. Engage is a lively discussion and debate about American politics.
Georgetown Food & History Private Tour
Discover Washington, DC with a Local Guide
- Get a walking tour of the most historic neighborhood in our nation’s capital
- Learn about the highs and lows, successes and scandals of the neighbourhood synonymous with high society in DC
- Taste the cupcakes that put Georgetown on the international food stage
- Walk in the steps of celebrities, spies, and presidents
- Sample a local craft brew
From sweet to savory, to locally sourced and all things artisan, this Georgetown food tour reveals where to find the best locally-produced bites in a neighborhood that’s gone corporate. As you taste your way through one of the most historic areas in DC your local guide will regale you with tales of the neighborhood, how it has changed through the years, and where it will go in the future.
- Join us in exploring the neighborhood synonymous with high society in DC! Known for its gorgeous waterfront, Washington D.C.’s Georgetown neighborhood is more than meets the eye. We welcome you to sip and savor the culinary prowess this neighborhood has to offer, as you enthral yourself in the history that played an important part of the creation and rise of the nation’s capital.
- We will start our journey walking along the C&O Canal while you decide for yourself which is truly DC’s best cupcake. Our stroll through the colorful colonial streets will be filled with some of the spy stories, scandals, and infamous murders that happened in DC’s most historic neighborhood. As we reach the main street, we will stop and learn more about the city’s oldest residence, which stands frozen in time, surrounded by the hustle and bustle of the capital’s best high-end and boutique shops and eateries. From there we will make our way to see the booth where JFK proposed to Jackie Onassis while we savor a local DC brew at the oldest family owned restaurant in Washington DC.
- We continue to make our way back down to the waterfront visiting restaurants for savory and sweet treats. Our foodie stops vary depending on what is available that day, but we can promise a mouthwatering adventure that includes Austrian specialties, locally sourced ingredients, and fresh bakes so beautiful you might have to pause to take a photo before you dig in. Walk with us in the present, as we explore the past and future of the capital’s historic district, and taste for yourself why Washington DC bustling food scene is known to be an international smorgasboard.
- After we have enjoyed food and fun, your local guide will be there to answer questions and make recommendations, whether you are in town for one more day or another week, to help you make the most from your stay in Washington DC.